i just feel like this time is too close to last year. the same dates, the same days, this is not the future, this is just another past presenting itself as the present. its scary, uncertain, anguish-able yet all the same. only the faces are different this time around. 

i have not moved from my place since last year. in situ as they say. am i a plant which no one waters or the tree whom people have forgotten? 

people are leaving yet i stay. people are leaving yet i am here. people are moving on but i remain, why is the world forcing me to sit when i wish to stand and run and fall and break? it's making me wish i was not visible. 

leave me alone and let me do as i please and not as you say. leave me alone so i can wash my hair on days when it rains. leave me alone so i can get out the bed and jump on the grass.

let me be in those photographs and not someone who stares at the frames from afar. 

let me taste my youth and breathe the air outside. 

watch me run and break and live at my own pace. 

Comments

Popular Posts